Friday, June 20, 2008

Bakpia Pathok

Almost half month didn't make any post here. May be you will suspect me no money to spend for dinning due to fuel price hike!! No matter how, we still need to eat to survive. No food will die! Please budgeting yourself and it will help you still can enjoy nice besides saving money.

This post is not sharing about the dining place but to share with you a Indonesian pastry named "Bakpia Pathok". Bakpia is one of the specialties in Yogyakarta and named after a "suburb" in this city (Pathok) where these sweet pastry originated.

My sister bought it back from Yogyakarta when she went there to visit Borobudur. I wanted to go together but couldn't make it due to no budget for travel this year, even the trip only cost you RM1k. No company bonus, no travel budget.

The Bakpias bought by my sister are small round-shaped and stuffed with mung beans in different flavors such as original, chocolate and cheese. I prefer original taste of Bakpia which is very nice. Chocolate taste too sweet and Cheese flavor tastes cheese less.

Must bring this back as souvenir to your friends if you are planning to visit Borobudur in Indonesia.

Food Rating (by me):
7 /10

2 comments:

eNNy said...

seems like tasty...are you telling us to go to Yogyakarta to try for it?...(@.@) (:p)

EB25 said...

I will pass some for you to try if I got go there to buy :P

Bookmark and Share